Probably the best part of the meet were the relays. I absolutely L.O.V.E relays. I just love the competitiveness and cooperation that comes together for the race. It's so easy to run off of other's energy and swim for your team, not as much for yourself. Which is probably why I went two more best times (with a relay start though) in the relays. :29 in the 50 breaststroke baby!! Anyways, the meet was fun and not as stressful as a conference meet would be. There were a lot of laughs and tired muscles, but it was all worth it in the end. Maybe next year I'll make it to conference. Go BYU!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Park City
This past weekend I had my final swim meet of the season. Not everyone on the team gets to go to conference (in fact only about 14 of the 30 girls can go...or something like that) so a group went to Park City for a high school Senior meet. It was prelims/finals which is always good for a taper meet because it means you get two chances to swim the same event. (that is, if you make it back to finals aka the top 16). I swam the 100 breaststroke, 50 freestyle, 200 medley relay, 100 freestyle, 200 breaststroke, and the 200 freestyle relay. I went a best time in the 100 breaststroke (1:05.33) and that was probably the highlight of my meet. I had ankle surgery back in April and thus had a rough time of it for awhile. I had a hard time working out after the surgery so my summer wasn't very progressive for my swimming. Motivation was low and all that jazz. I honestly wasn't expecting much coming into the BYU swim season with my ankle still hurting after surgery. I didn't expect to go best times I just wanted to get back in shape and have fun. That, ladies and gentlemen, I did and I did well. I am so blessed to be a part of a great team with wonderful coaches and teammates. I love them to death. Sooo, the best time in the 100 was a complete shock to me. When you get to my age/stage in swimming its a lot harder to drop time. Hundredths and tenths are valuable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment