CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Texas!!!


Ali and I :) Roomies!!
Medley Relay!
Shaving cream gone wrong
Oh, the things you'll find at the airport...
Erin, Addy, and I with REBECCA SONI! (Olympic Breaststroker)

This past weekend I went to Austin, Texas for my end of the year swim meet. Instead of going to Conference, 9 of us who didn't quite make it went to the Grand Prix Meet in Austin at the University of Texas. Despite the lack of teammates, we had a blast and swam fast! There were Olympic swimmers at the meet, who were really fun to see and we even got to get pictures with some of them. The best Olympic moment is when I bumped into Matt Greavers, Olympic sprinter, and he looked me straight in the eye and said "Sorry". Wow, is he beautiful! haha :) I swam pretty well--best times in the breaststroke events! 1:05.4 in the 100 and 2:26.0 in the 200. I made it back to finals for both of those events and got to swim them long course....ew. My 50 free was a season best, which I can't complain about (24.7). I love the University of Texas pool with its three pools, amazing score boards, and endless amount of seating. I enjoyed being with some of my best friends laughing and enjoying the end of our season together. One of the really fun moments was the epic shaving cream fight. Tim bought us all huge containers of nasty man smelling shaving cream, so we put it to good use. :) Here's some of the funny quotes from the weekend.

"Are you a snot? or a booger?"--Shari making fun of Tim
"I could spot you right away from down here! You're Miss Headband 2010!" -Tim
"I always knew you were a tiara girl, but I didn't know you were a headband girl!" -Tim
"You probably won't go that fast because you haven't really been training for the 200 breaststroke." -Stan and his wonderful encouragement
"Ah!! What WAS that?" "Oh, sorry that was my lotion." -Tim and Addy
"AHHHH!!!!! hahahaha" -Meagan being attacked with shaving cream
"LET'S GET HIM!" -Ali with shaving cream all over her hands about to attack Tim

0 comments:

Post a Comment