Saturday, March 27, 2010
guts.
So it's official. I'm going to get surgery next Friday, April 2nd. Finally, my ankle will STOP hurting and I will be able to run around like a normal kid again. (Well...that is after scootering, physical therapy, and walking in the much loved boot). Granted, I still run around and "pretend" it doesn't hurt, which is why this whole surgery thing is throwing people for a loop. I just cannot stand watching our FHE group play ultimate or volleyball and just sit on the side lines. It takes a lot for me to stay out of the action. For having never broken a single bone, I think this should have been broken instead. It would have healed faster and people could have drawn pictures and signed their little autographs all over me. But no...instead I get a boot and good ol' Dr. Faux (pronounced Fox, I know...not as cool) gets to cut me up. I had a dream when the idea of surgery came up awhile ago where I was having the surgery, but all my guts starting falling out of my ankle as they cut it up. SO horrifying! I'm hoping that does not happen. I'd like to keep my guts in their right spot...particularly my intestines. Pray for me that everything will go well! Thank goodness for my wonderful grandparents that are going to take care of me the best they can. I'm sure I won't be too helpless though. The challenge of the week of April 5th=stairs. hmmmmm. I do live on the third floor so that should be interesting. I will definitely feel for those wheelchair people and their much needed ramps. I'm joining the club, please be nice to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment