CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Glee

This past weekend Dad and Sterling came in town for a mini vacation! We were fortunate enough to go skiing with them at Snowbird and stay at a condo up there for a night that looked like a bomb shelter. It was the nicest bomb shelter I've ever been in. But Rachael and I swear that the whole hotel was shaking! At random times we felt like it was rocking, which is a little nerve racking when you're settled on the edge of a cliff. Despite the earthquake phobia we had a great time skiing (and Scott snowboarding) for a day.  The morning was pretty icy in some parts, but after lunch a little snow storm came and we were able to have some fresh powder!! It was heavenly. It obviously got a little cold and I need to invent windshield wipers for goggles. That would have come in handy while we were skiing in the storm.  I also heard my first REAL thunder in Utah for a long time. So cool! Being from the midwest, I'm very used to huge thunderstorms which rock and shake the house and I've missed it a bit the past four years that I've lived in Utah. AND it was my first time hearing thunder during a snow storm. Pretty cool at 11,000 feet and on a ski lift. I only was a little concerned for my safety.  Another added bonus of the mini weekend trip was the authentic taco shop we went to at the opening of the canyon. It was called Lonestar Taqueria. I highly recommend it.  It's even better than Cafe Rio and that's saying something! A good trip or a good party always has good food, in my opinion.  We ended the weekend with a big family dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Heber. I will never forget Grandpa singing happy birthday to himself at the dinner table as everyone else got their cake and ice cream.  Apparently he didn't want everyone to forget it was his birthday. Hands down the best weekend this month! 



1 comments:

mandylinford

I love your blog!! I love the thunderstorms too :) Just sit by the window and watch the lightening flash! Glad you were safe and got to hear a lil thunder

Mandy :)

Post a Comment