So yesterday I went to apply for my passport at the post office with my dad who is in town. First of all, when you pull into the parking lot there is a sign that says, "15 minute parking only". I laughed. When do you ever stay at the post office for only 15 minutes?! It seems like the people who work there are always ridiculously slow. In my experiences at least. We walk in and this creepy motorcycle man with the bandana and everything asks my dad if I'm his wife. Weird and definitely awkward. We cleared that up for him. Then the passport guy was at lunch so we had to wait til he came back around 1:15. Us normal people eat lunch at 12, but that's just me I guess. So skipping to getting the passport. I had to get my picture taken. This is an interesting process. You sit in an old wooden chair in front of a sheet hanging on the wall and stare at a strange looking camera. It was too wide for it's own good. The old guy working there took about 2 minutes, it seemed like, having me adjust my face at just the correct angle. Then I was told that I had to take the cute flower out of my hair so the hair was not quite at it's prime. And I was told that I couldn't smile with my teeth. These are my thoughts at this point, "Oh, great. I have NO idea how to do that. This is going to turn out bad." I ended up giving up because I was imagining a super cheesy smile that you might see on a two year old. The whole "smile with your eyes" thing was a complete fail. I didn't really care. Then I found out that a passport lasts 10 years. So unless I change my name to Esmerelda or get married I'll have to love and cherish that picture in my passport. Loverly. It's humorous to say the least. Dad said, "At least you don't have numbers above your head." Yeah and good thing or else I could be posted as a criminal. Yeah for awkward pictures! They even gave me two copies! haha





0 comments:
Post a Comment