CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Washington DC Visit

This summer I got to go on a little trip to Washington D.C with my dad. Each year he takes one of us kids on a trip somewhere and I decided I wanted to go to DC. I always thought it was so silly that I lived so close and have never been, especially since my parents got married in that temple. It was a neat little vacation and I learned a lot about the wonderful country we live in. Washington D.C is such a beautiful place and I love that we got to stay with my cousin and role model, Jill and spend time with her. My favorite place we visited was probably Arlington National Cemetery. Learning about the place through a text book does not do it justice whatsoever. I also thought that for some reason that there was a small section of unknown, white headstones. It was so amazing to see that there were hills and fields COVERED with these headstones, not just a picture's worth. About 27 funerals are held every weekday for those that have died and no ordinary Joe Shmo can be buried there. That was the amazing part. I truly am grateful for those men and women that have laid down their lives for my freedom. Some of my other favorites included the Spy Museum where we went on an interactive tour to try and "solve the mystery of the dirty bomb that terrorists were trying to set off." I also love Julia Child's kitchen in the American History Museum and the Newseum where they had an AMAZING 9-11 display. I never thought I was much of a museum person, but Washington D.C is definitely different when it comes to museums. It was a great experience. Thanks DAD! :D





0 comments:

Post a Comment