I often wonder why I became a swimmer. Of all the sports that I am aware of (sorry if I offend) swimming takes the most time and effort to be good at it. I've done it year round for about 12 years now with only August as a break or an occasional ankle surgery. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I had chosen a different sport. Anyways, needless to say, my life is going to be very different when its all over in a couple of months. I'm so grateful for the talents that my Heavenly Father has given me, especially to swim. I'm pretty sure my life would much more miserable without those much needed endorphins that I get on a daily basis. Although I may complain from time to time about my sore muscles or lack of sleep, I really do enjoy swimming. The people that I have met because of swimming have been great influences in my life and I love the many happy memories that come with it all. Hopefully my athletic motivation continues throughout my life. I don't know if I'll be a stellar triathlete, but we'll find out. :)
This past weekend I went to Stockton, California for a swim meet. It was so much fun to swim outside and get a tan! I feel more confident in my racing then I did last year. Training during this past summer certainly helped with that. My times were much better then last year at this time, probably due to my recent ankle surgery then, but still good nonetheless. Hopefully the meets to come will be just as fun and successful!
Peace. Love. Swim.





1 comments:
what am i gonna do when you graduate?! You're the best curly! I'm so glad I've had the chance to get to know you and be your teammate! LOVE YOU :)
Post a Comment