When you don't have a lot of money and you need things, it calls for creative measures. Today was one of those days. I was on a hunt for moving boxes. Yesterday there was a post of craig's list that said there were free boxes at a house. I went there and low and behold, all that was left was one dingy box that wouldn't hold much of anything. So...I went to RC Wiley (a furniture store. I didn't know what it was til I came to Utah) and asked them for boxes. Unfortunately, they only had refrigerator sized boxes and I am not moving a refrigerator so that was a no go. However, I did find out from a nice guy that Big 5 (a sporting good store...also a new discovery in Utah) often has boxes that they throw away or give away. So the hunt pursued today after being at Bonneville for the majority of the morning. Ashley, my wonderful friend and partner in action came along as we discovered the dumpster that in deed did have a large assortment of boxes. The only way to get them out was...to dumpster dive. Yep. In my cute teacher outfit and everything, white shoes, skirt, yep. Luckily there weren't people around to flash as I scaled the side of the dumpster. It was quite the sight as Ashley and I transferred box after box into my tiny car. Now the boxes are safe in my basement all ready for me to fill them to essential junk. Less then 3 weeks until the big day!
![]() |
| I'm sure my mother is proud of my thriftiness! |






4 comments:
I love the fact that you and Ashley went dumpster diving! <3 you girls! Haha
Haha I can totally picture you and Ashley doing this. Way to be resourceful!
You're so funny! I love it.
Let me tell you the best moving secret I've ever learned: Go to Walmart at midnight for boxes. While the workers are emptying boxes onto the shelves, they're happy to give them away! Take a cart to the cereal aisle (those are the best size) and load it up! :)
hahahaha
Post a Comment