CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cultural Diorama

So I had to make a cultural diorama for my TELL 400 class. I decided to post it on here. Basically I had to talk about what my culture is all about and why I am the person I am. It was in powerpoint form, but I'm obviously just cutting and pasting it on here.

Utah Born Missouri Bred BYU Bound

Scrapbooks, Journals, and Blogs…Oh My!



Quite often I find myself writing down my thoughts in a journal or on my blog. I love the feeling of writing to my posterity and future self. Going back through things that I’ve written puts a smile on my face. Ever since I was a child, my parents taught me to make journal writing a priority in my life. Over the years, I have benefited from my own thoughts as well as the journals of others that I’ve read. I’ve found that blogging is a great way to put my thoughts down for others to see as well. It’s a good way to stay connected with my family members as well as friends who are far away. Scrapbook is another creative outlet for me and preserves so many special memories. I want to be remembered not only from the stories, but the true thoughts of daily life through my journals, blogs, and scrapbooks.

Born To Be A Cougar!

I was born in Provo, Utah and dubbed a “BYU Baby” considering the fact that my parents both attended BYU. Ever since then, I believe I was destined to come to BYU and become a cougar. I’m now the third generation (on both sides) to come to BYU to continue my education. I’m privileged enough to be apart of the BYU swim team and compete at a collegiate level. I can’t help but think how amazing it is to be living a dream that I’ve worked so hard for, academically and athletically. I would be living a different life without the opportunity to go to school at the Y. BYU is part of who I am and always will be. Rah Rah Rah Rah Rah…GO COUGARS!

Moments CapturedI used to think I wanted to major in Photography. The classes I took in high school were amazing and so much fun. I love the free, creative juices that it brings and how images can be captured in so many unique ways. However, I decided that I didn’t want my creativity to be judged. A picture that I love may not be loved by others. I still like to take pictures and just capture happy moments through photography. It’s a hobby that I love and shows a little bit of who I am. There’s nothing more enjoyable than looking through old pictures and remembering the good times that those pictures captured. A picture tells true emotion and life.

1 comments:

Michael

I like this. Very cool.

Post a Comment