CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

My thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful. I love coming to Grandma's house and spending time with family. There was a small group of us this year but it didn't stop the fun. We made fun turkeys out of apples and helped Grandma cook all day long. We had some mishaps along the way, which wouldn't be normal if they didn't happen in the Fuller household. The oven wouldn't turn on until 12:30, causing a late start to our turkey. I think at some point the stove wouldn't turn on and the dishwater had a leak. This leak was not just a small dribble of water coming out the bottom, but a nice stream. Luckily all those problems either stopped or were fixed and none of the food was burnt or tasted bad. (with the exception to sweet potatoes that aren't that good anytime) I made my favorite Thanksgiving dish, green bean casserole, and it turned out AMAZING, just as it should taste. I had some help from Abby :) Creamed corn is a new favorite food of mine. Sooo good! The second best part of all this food was that we got to eat it all again the next day! Sometimes I don't know which is better: actual Thanksgiving day with all the hard work and cooking or the day after Thanksgiving with no work and the food is just as good as it was the day before.
Grandpa did acquire some new pets on Thanksgiving as well that he is NOT thankful for. The night before Thanksgiving the front door was accidentally left open and the 4 degree weather (I'm not exaggerating) was exposed to the house. I hadn't gone up there yet cuz I had swim practice that morning, but I can imagine having to wake up to a freezing cold house. Horrible. The furnace was trying to work so hard to heat up the house that the fan broke and a very helpful, nice guy had to come and fix it. The plants inside by the front door were frozen and a new pet was found. A stray cat. Enough said...ew. Grandpa took it by the neck and chucked it out the door! Now it's name is Chuck and him and his other stray cat friend have yet to leave the perimeter of the house. Ellie, loves them, of course, and will play with them for hours if she could. We think that they were kicked out of their house or something cuz they look pretty young and clean for being strays. I named the other stray cat, Scat. Needless to say, they are not very welcome at the Fuller household. haha.
Some other Thanksgiving festivities included Black Friday shopping, seeing the movie Tangled (which I highly reccomend), taking looong naps, and doing crafts. I couldn't have asked for a better Thanksgiving. Although, I did miss my entire mom's side of the family in St. Louis, as they were all there for Papa and Grandma's homecoming. I am soo blessed to have loving family wherever I go.






0 comments:

Post a Comment