CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

2010 Update!!


Taylor Swift and Jesse McCartney!!

La Jolla Beach Sunset


Taryn and I after practice

BYU Swimming!!

La Jolla Beach


I haven't blogged in awhile, so here are some updates on the new year, 2010!!

Swimming has been going well and we are just about to wrap up our season. We got to go to San Diego, California for Christmas training, which, despite the many sore muscles and hard swim sets, was a blast! We got to go to the beach a few times during the afternoons and even stopped by for a little sight seeing at the island, Coronado. A few of us learned how to surf, thanks to the help of a native San Diego recruit. We also had fun at meets vs Air Force and Wyoming, both away. However, I am NOT a fan of swimming at high altitudes, specifically 7250 ft. I swear my lungs were being sucked into themselves, gradually shrinking. Not a good feeling at all. I also learned that I never want to live in Wyoming! That place is ridiculously barren. The best part of Wyoming was our "wrestling" fights on the hotel beds pretending to be power rangers. :) Conference is in a couple weeks, but I'm going to a meet in Austin, Texas the week after because I didn't quite make the conference team. Only 15 girls get to go, which makes it very competitive. Another recent swimming adventure was our end of the year celebrity party! We all dressed up as celebrities, had a runway walk, danced, and of course ate lots of food. It was a blast and such a great idea! I was the country singer, Taylor Swift, equipped with boots, jean jacket, fun dress, and--thanks to Makena--very curly hair! Such a fun time!

School has been going well, at least well enough. Although college is a lot of fun, it sure is hard! I find out tomorrow, actually, if I get into the Elementary Education program. Cross your fingers!! I can't wait to be able to start my classes that help me become a good teacher. I'm already taking a few that you don't have to be in the program for. I absolutely love children's literature. We get to read children's books for our homework and the only test is the final! I learn so much from that class everytime I go. My other class that I'm taking towards ElEd is expository writing. My professor actually knows my dad and whole family from New Caanan, CT! Small world. That class, however, isn't as fun by any means. I would definitely want to read all day instead of write all day. So there's a little update on my school stuff. Oh and this is my last semester of GE's (not counting religion credits). Fun stuff!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment